Skip to main content

Little things...

Little things

(Written by Joy A. Adewumi)


I love to cuddle and snuggle under the warmth of my covers whenever the rain begins to drizzle. But then, I can't help but get goosebumps when I realise that this same weather I'm loving and relishing is what accounts for a bad day for someone else. 

Someone out there in the dead cold of the night as the rain pours and I snore blissfully away is homeless and quaking to the bones. 

I'm glad for the weather but he is wondering why God hates him so and then in those moments I pull off the sheets, pull my knees up and say "thank you Jesus!"

You wake up each day and all you want is to raise the amount in your bank account by a wheeone with a less paying job is going crazy about how to come up with hundreds of thousands a week, to take care of his ailing aged mother. 

You see, the littlest things, those ones that are supposedly normal, are sometimes the biggest miracles in our lives. Why?

This is because we never asked for them, in fact we do not know we ought to ask for them and truth be told, without them we are as good as dead, yet they're in abundant supply every single day of our lives.

Do you take in your surroundings once in a while and wonder, what if I never had this thing? And do you take time to say a simple thank you for that indispensable provision or do you only render thanks for the big contracts and big healing and new baby and all those seemingly significant stuff?

Take time to observe the little things and appreciate God's unwavering goodness. 

You enjoy good health, you also have a roof over your head- even if you think it's inadequate, still it shields you from the harsh elements of nature. Thank God for that.

You have an amazing family, even if they are sometimes annoying, but they support and love you. Thank God for them.

You aren't disabled and you're mentally stable. You think that's just "normal"? It's not just "normal", it's a huge blessing. Thank God.

And as you thank God, take time to say a word of prayer for the less privileged.

From one pair of lips to God's ears, prayers will go a long way to help a needy soul, how much more some thousands?

Dear friends, have you taken time to say thank you to God for your life and all you have today? For once concentrate on what you have and not what you don't!

Yours sincerely,
Spirit Pen.

Comments

Post a Comment

Recent posts you should see:

The Snare

THE SNARE (Written by Joy A. Adewumi) When the Pastor mentioned something about discernment two Sundays ago, I honestly didn't pay much attention. The mention struck a chord of warning in my heart, leaving in its wake a burden to pray, but I felt there were more important points to pray about and only mentioned it in passing.  Now, as I stared at the young girl in front of me, I knew that slight mention in the sermon must have been for me, but I'd missed my chance. 'He's the one! I swear!' Deborah cried with fat tears sliding down her cheeks as she pointed at me. The Principal's features were beginning to cloud over and her mother's fair-complexioned face was almost beet red with anger. 'He's been doing it since the beginning of the term.' She accused as more tears rolled down her face. Oh my word! How could a fifteen year old tell such boldfaced lies and act so well while at it?! I was not a pedophile for Pete's sake! How could I touch a gir

THE GIST!

THE GIST! Written by Joy A. Adewumi ‘Prisca, come, did you hear the gist?’ I overhead Mimi’s voice from the other side of the door as I let myself into my room where she was visiting with my roommate, Prisca. As I walked in, both heads turned to me and Mimi chirped, ‘ ehn-ehn , it’s even better that you’re here too.’ I gave her a sidelong look that screamed, “what did you hear again?” ‘Welcome,’ Prisca greeted as she laughed at my expression while Mimi twisted her mouth and said, ‘ Ehn , welcome! Sha come and sit down. Apparently neither of you has heard the latest.’ I shook my head at her and replied, ‘Me, I have to pray first, so that the Holy Spirit can guide my contribution to your gist.’ Prisca chuckled again, shaking her head at our exchange. Barely had I sat down with them than Mimi launch into her gist. ‘So, there’s big news about one Senior Pastor at Glory of Heaven Church!’ I groaned as I threw my head back while Prisca got into another laughing fit. ‘So this pastor, Mimi, w

The Connect

The Connect (Written by Joy A. Adewumi) 'So, I was thinking I could just travel to IB tomorrow and make the needed stop at Abeokuta on my way back, you know, kill two birds with a stone. What do you think?' Karen asked her friend with whom she was discussing her travel plans for the weekend. Her question, however, was greeted with a protracted silence and Karen peeped into the room from the kitchenette where she was preparing dinner. She was surprised and amused to find that her friend, Jolade had zoned out of the conversation and was now staring into space. 'Babe?' She called trying to get Jolade's attention. No answer. Wawu ! 'Babes!' She belted out and Jolade jerked upright, turning her face in Karen's direction. 'Sorry, you said?' Jolade asked sheepishly as she shook her head with a smile. 'Wow! That was pretty serious! You looked like you had some heavy stuff on your mind. Any problem?' 'Nothing serious.' Jolade repli

The Link... (The Precedent)

  The Link... (The Precedent) (Written by Joy A. Adewumi) 'Hey babes!' Mabel jumped at the sound of my voice, and I watched as her phone slipped from her hands and hit the rug with a small thud! 'Just thank God it's a rug, Mabs. What on earth has got you so jumpy?' I asked as I walked towards her, wanting to pick the phone and join her on the bed. But she beat me to it as she dived to the floor to grab the phone with a nervous laugh. My brows furrowed into a deep V at her jumpiness. What could be so private?! 'So... What were you up to?' I asked as I dropped my bag and sat on the bed where she was frantically tapping and swiping away on her object of fixation. She looked out of sorts... 'Uh... Mmn? You... You said?' She asked as she kept tapping, and then glanced up at me and said, 'You said something?' I let out a sigh and turned to her squarely and asked with narrowed eyes. 'Babes, you sure say you okay so?' 'Yea, ye